Aging is not a reason to fall down. There are a number of things older adults can do to reduce their risk of falling.
- Remove throw rugs in your home as they are tripping hazards.
- Review all of your medications (prescription and over the counter) with a pharmacist every year.
- Improve your balance by taking Tai Chi or other exercise classes. Check with your doctor before starting any exercise programs.
- Take your vitamin D.
- Have your vision checked yearly.
- Have your hearing checked yearly.
- Discuss any episodes of dizziness, unsteadiness, or vision issues with your doctor.